Lowestoft game postponed as Norwich United continue fight against drop
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft's Town Bostik Premier game at Harrow Borough on Wednesday night has been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.
Norwich United travel to Mildenhall on Thursday – in a Bostik North game postponed from Monday – in good spirits after a strong second-half comeback against play-off chasing Maldon & Tiptree earned them a valuable point in their battle to avoid relegation on Good Friday.
A first-half goal from Ben Jones had given them an interval lead but after a quickfire Lee Barnard hat-trick, goals from Liam Jackson and Matt Blake showed the fighting spirit in the Steve Eastaugh's side.
Goalkeeper Andy Wilton returns after Billy Johnson deputised on Friday. When the two sides met on New Year's Day a late equaliser from Nathan Stewart earned the Planters a point in a 1-1 draw.
Mildenhall have picked up just one point in their last four games, a 0-0 home draw against bottom team Romford. On Saturday they lost 6-0 at fifth placed Haringey Borough.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?