Lowestoft game postponed as Norwich United continue fight against drop
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft's Town Bostik Premier game at Harrow Borough on Wednesday night has been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.
Norwich United travel to Mildenhall on Thursday – in a Bostik North game postponed from Monday – in good spirits after a strong second-half comeback against play-off chasing Maldon & Tiptree earned them a valuable point in their battle to avoid relegation on Good Friday.
A first-half goal from Ben Jones had given them an interval lead but after a quickfire Lee Barnard hat-trick, goals from Liam Jackson and Matt Blake showed the fighting spirit in the Steve Eastaugh's side.
Goalkeeper Andy Wilton returns after Billy Johnson deputised on Friday. When the two sides met on New Year's Day a late equaliser from Nathan Stewart earned the Planters a point in a 1-1 draw.
Mildenhall have picked up just one point in their last four games, a 0-0 home draw against bottom team Romford. On Saturday they lost 6-0 at fifth placed Haringey Borough.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars