Lowestoft Town boss delighted with victory
Lowestoft Town joint boss Ady Gallagher hailed the Blues' attacking display after watching his side thrash Concord Rangers 5-0 at Crown Meadow.
A brace apiece for Michael Frew and Lubo Guentchev along with a Matt Nolan header saw the Trawlerboys cruise to an easy three points and Gallagher admitted that Ryman League Premier defences won't relish the prospect of facing his side's attacking triumvirate this season.
'It's a team effort but they're scoring goals,' he said. 'They got in the right areas at the right time and they are having a little spell where it's going in for them.
'Frewy has been fantastic - he has worked really hard to get his fitness back up after breaking his ankle last year and he is a real handful as a centre forward.
'There's more to come from him as well, when he gets more fitness I would hope for even more from him.
You may also want to watch:
'Lubo is a really clever player. He's obviously getting a lot of attention from defenders but he just keeps playing. He gets in the right areas and gets his few tap-ins and that's important for the team that he does that.'
Gallagher was also delighted with Nolan's all-round display with the striker showing signs of getting back the form he enjoyed before last season's injury-ravaged campaign.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
'I think Matty Nolanproved that he is getting back to his best,' he added. 'He has worked really hard after missing what was pretty much a whole season.
'He is a fantastic target man and you see signs of him coming back to his best. But overall a fantastic team peformance.'