Lowestoft Town 3 St Neots Town 1: Higgs’ hat-trick helps Blues progress in cup
- Credit: Archant
Kieran Higgs lit up last night's League Cup tie at the Amber Dew Events Stadium as Lowestoft Town made comfortable progress.
The former Norwich City youngster scored a hat-trick as the Blues saw off visitors St Neots 3-1.
The Blues made a bright start, with on-loan Ipswich winger Conor McKendry seeing a well struck effort come back off the woodwork in the third minute.
Jamie Godbold's side maintained the momentum and got their noses in front in the 24th minute when Higgs opened his account after being put through by a good pass from Henry Pollock.
Lowestoft doubled their advantage six minutes after the restart when Higgs found the back of the net again with a well-hit strike.
You may also want to watch:
The home side continued to create chances, with substitute Cion Wren, Connor Ingram and McKendry all going close before Higgs poked the ball home from close range on 79 minutes for his third of the night.
Luke Knights scored a well taken consolation goal for St Neots just before the end.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in