Lowestoft Town 1, Dulwich Hamlet 0
A second half goal from Chris Henderson secured Lowestoft Town's place in the fifth round of the Alan Boon Cup last night.
Both sides fielded mixed sides in what turned out to be an evenly matched contest, with both having chances to score in an open first half. The first opportunity fell to Dulwich when Kevin James' corner was met by Ethan Pinnock whose header was cleared off the line by Jack Smith. For Lowestoft Henderson exchanged passes with Ebus Onuchukwu but his 20 yard drive flashed inches wide.
The second half continued in similar vein with plenty of endeavour by both sides.
The only goal came in the 71st minute when a partial clearance from the Dulwich penalty area was picked up by Stuart Ainsley whose cross back into the danger area found Henderson to shoot home from six yards. Dulwich had a great chance to equalise in the 88th minute when they were awarded a penalty for handball by Josh Knights but debutant goalkeeper Shaun Phillips – who has joined the club on work experience from Colchester United – dived to save Andre Costa's spot-kick.
• Lowestoft Town: Phillips, Knights, Whiteside, J Smith (Francis, 82), Crane, Manning, Okay, Ainsley, Onuchukwu, Frew (Forshaw, 54), Henderson. Subs (not used) Fleming, Carolan, S Smith.
You may also want to watch:
• Attendance: 251
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk