Lowestoft Town 1, Dulwich Hamlet 0
A second half goal from Chris Henderson secured Lowestoft Town's place in the fifth round of the Alan Boon Cup last night.
Both sides fielded mixed sides in what turned out to be an evenly matched contest, with both having chances to score in an open first half. The first opportunity fell to Dulwich when Kevin James' corner was met by Ethan Pinnock whose header was cleared off the line by Jack Smith. For Lowestoft Henderson exchanged passes with Ebus Onuchukwu but his 20 yard drive flashed inches wide.
The second half continued in similar vein with plenty of endeavour by both sides.
The only goal came in the 71st minute when a partial clearance from the Dulwich penalty area was picked up by Stuart Ainsley whose cross back into the danger area found Henderson to shoot home from six yards. Dulwich had a great chance to equalise in the 88th minute when they were awarded a penalty for handball by Josh Knights but debutant goalkeeper Shaun Phillips – who has joined the club on work experience from Colchester United – dived to save Andre Costa's spot-kick.
• Lowestoft Town: Phillips, Knights, Whiteside, J Smith (Francis, 82), Crane, Manning, Okay, Ainsley, Onuchukwu, Frew (Forshaw, 54), Henderson. Subs (not used) Fleming, Carolan, S Smith.
You may also want to watch:
• Attendance: 251
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules