Lowestoft Town 0, Cray Wanderers 1
Lowestoft Town suffered a potentially fatal blow in their Ryman League Premier League title hopes as Mark Willy's late strike gave Cray Wanderers all three points at Crown Meadow.
The Wanderers skipper struck in the 77th minute to condemn the Blues to their first home league defeat of the season.
With Sutton winning at home to Hendon, Lowestoft could be forced to look to the play-offs if they are to secure promotion this season.
Lowestoft can only have themselves to blame after missing several chances to get their noses in front. Joe Francis missed an excellent chance shortly before the goal while Jamie Forshaw had a goal ruled out for offside in the second half.
But they were made to pay 13 minutes from time when a Jack Clarke corner wasn't cleared at the near post and Willy stole in to give Cray all three points.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft Town (4-4-2): Reynolds, Cave-Brown, Crane, Haynes-Brown, Smith, Mitchell, Cockrill (Ainsley 80), Corcoran (Forshaw 62), Francis (Stock 86), Frew, Forbes. Subs not used: Godbold, Gaughran.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Cray Wanderers (4-4-2): King, Vines, Willy, Guest, Bentley, Lover, Day, Saunders, Phillips (Clarke 26), Bremner, Hamici (Gibbs 90). Subs not used: Dolby, Hassain, Sterling.
Referee: Adrian Oldershaw