Lowestoft’s Anthony Ogogo undergoes operation on broken eye socket
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo has had surgery to repair a broken eye socket as he starts his road to recovery.
It is understood the operation went well but that the 27-year-old will be under careful surveillance to see how his right eye settles down.
The Olympic bronze medallist has been keeping a low profile since suffering his first defeat as a professional against Craig Cunningham last month.
Ogogo released a statement shortly after the fight where it was confirmed he had suffered a broken eye socket in two places, which a specialist said had been suffered prior to the bout.
Ogogo has been to see several different eye specialists since the fight to ascertain the best way to combat the problem.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how long he is likely to be out for due to the nature of the injury.
The middleweight has suffered a torrid time with injuries since turning professional at the start of 2013. Ogogo has undergone surgery on both his Achilles and a dislocated shoulder since leaving the amateur ranks.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
However, he still managed to rack up 10 wins during that time before suffering defeat to Cunningham, who claimed the WBC International title belt.