Lowestoft’s Anthony Ogogo undergoes operation on broken eye socket
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo has had surgery to repair a broken eye socket as he starts his road to recovery.
It is understood the operation went well but that the 27-year-old will be under careful surveillance to see how his right eye settles down.
The Olympic bronze medallist has been keeping a low profile since suffering his first defeat as a professional against Craig Cunningham last month.
Ogogo released a statement shortly after the fight where it was confirmed he had suffered a broken eye socket in two places, which a specialist said had been suffered prior to the bout.
Ogogo has been to see several different eye specialists since the fight to ascertain the best way to combat the problem.
You may also want to watch:
It is not known how long he is likely to be out for due to the nature of the injury.
The middleweight has suffered a torrid time with injuries since turning professional at the start of 2013. Ogogo has undergone surgery on both his Achilles and a dislocated shoulder since leaving the amateur ranks.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
However, he still managed to rack up 10 wins during that time before suffering defeat to Cunningham, who claimed the WBC International title belt.