Lowestoft match postponed after opponents coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lowestoft Town FC’s scheduled match tonight (Tuesday) against St Ives Town in the Pitching In Southern Premier Division Central League has been postponed.
The match has been postponed after the St Ives Town FC first team suffered an outbreak of Covid-19,
Lowestoft Town FC chairman Gary Keyzor told the club’s website: “Tonight’s scheduled league game has been postponed
“Due to an outbreak of Covid-19 within the St Ives first team our scheduled league game has been postponed.
“We wish everyone affected at St Ives FC a speedy recovery.”
You may also want to watch:
On the St Ives Town FC website, Gary Clarke, chairman, said: “So far two managers and a player have tested positive and we await the results of the other players and staff.
“With a game scheduled tonight we were left with no choice but to notify the league that the club will be unable to fulfil the fixture.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
“We have a duty of care to the players, staff and more importantly our supporters – many of who fall into the danger category.
“The club’s Board of Directors have voted that the club enters into a complete lockdown of the first team to ensure that our outbreak is contained, therefore St Ives Town FC will not play any games until Friday, October 16 at the earliest.”