Lowestoft come from behind to maintain run
East Thurrock 1, Lowestoft Town 3: Rymans League leaders Lowestoft Town cemented their position at the top of the Premier Division last night with a 3-1 win at East Thurrock.
But they had to come from behind to do it after Thurrock grabbed a fourth-minute lead when Kris Newby raced down the right to cross for Sam Collins to turn in at the far post.
It might have been a tougher ask for the Trawlerboys the hosts went close to doubling their lead soon after.
But the fightback began in the 25th minute when Lubo Guentchev equalised with a spectacular 30-yard drive into the top corner. And Guentchev also played his part when Town went in front nine minutes later, his corner being headed in from close range by Greg Crane.
Town made a perfect start to the second half when Erkan Okay won the ball 30-yards out and sent Michael Frew away to set up Adrian Forbes for the finish.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Reynolds made a fine save to deny Newby a reply but there were also goalkeeping heroics at the other end, where Richard Wray kept out a close-range header from Jamie Forshaw.
• Lowestoft: Reynolds, Cave-Brown, Smith, Okay, Mitchell (Crane), Gaughran, Guentchev (Henderson), Fisk, Forbes (Forshaw), Frew, Francis.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
• Attendance: 148.