Lowestoft come from behind to maintain run
East Thurrock 1, Lowestoft Town 3: Rymans League leaders Lowestoft Town cemented their position at the top of the Premier Division last night with a 3-1 win at East Thurrock.
But they had to come from behind to do it after Thurrock grabbed a fourth-minute lead when Kris Newby raced down the right to cross for Sam Collins to turn in at the far post.
It might have been a tougher ask for the Trawlerboys the hosts went close to doubling their lead soon after.
But the fightback began in the 25th minute when Lubo Guentchev equalised with a spectacular 30-yard drive into the top corner. And Guentchev also played his part when Town went in front nine minutes later, his corner being headed in from close range by Greg Crane.
Town made a perfect start to the second half when Erkan Okay won the ball 30-yards out and sent Michael Frew away to set up Adrian Forbes for the finish.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Reynolds made a fine save to deny Newby a reply but there were also goalkeeping heroics at the other end, where Richard Wray kept out a close-range header from Jamie Forshaw.
• Lowestoft: Reynolds, Cave-Brown, Smith, Okay, Mitchell (Crane), Gaughran, Guentchev (Henderson), Fisk, Forbes (Forshaw), Frew, Francis.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
• Attendance: 148.