Lotus have to settle for solid in Malaysia after the spectacular in Melbourne
- Credit: Lotus F1 Team
Hethel-backed Lotus could repeat Kimi Raikkonen's wonderful opening Melbourne win with similar in Malaysia, but Eric Boullier was happy enough with his team's round two efforts.
With the wet start and qualifying hampering the iconic Norfolk marque more than most on the grid, Lotus had to settle for Raikkonen coming home seventh after a long-term battle with his E21 in Sunday's Malaysia Grand Prix.
More eyecatching was Romain Grosjean performance, which saw the Frenchman come home sixth.
'It's not been the best day for us, but when you take into account our qualifying positions and the difficult start for both drivers I think the points we take for sixth and seventh is a solid result,' said Boullier, with Kimi starting 10th after taking a three-place grid penalty and Grosjean 11th.
'Unfortunately with the conditions today we didn't see the full potential of the car, and the time we lost at the start was always going to be difficult to catch up. To finish within a reasonable distance of the leaders was a good effort from both drivers and also the team in terms of our strategy. With a normal weekend I'm sure we can expect some stronger results.'
You may also want to watch:
'I think we can be quite happy with the result today,' added Grosjean. 'It's not the result we would have wanted at the beginning of the weekend, but at the end of the day it's more points for the team and we'll try to come back stronger in Shanghai.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall