Lotus F1 team qualifying result
Sarah BrealeyNorfolk marque Lotus's new Formula One team claimed 20th and 21st places in the Formula One qualifiers today.The Lotus Racing pair, Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen, were among the bottom six at the qualifiers in Bahrain.Sarah Brealey
Norfolk marque Lotus's new Formula One team claimed 20th and 21st places in the Formula One qualifiers today.
The Lotus Racing pair, Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen, avoided the bottom positions, with just 0.6secs separating them and 19th placeholder Timo Glock, from new team Virgin Racing.
Glock's team-mate Lucas di Grassi was a further 0.2secs adrift, leaving Hispania Racing's Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok bringing up the rear of the now 24-strong grid.
Germany's Sebastian Vettel, last year's Formula One championship runner-up, claimed pole position for tomorrow's season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix.
You may also want to watch:
Vettel, who finished the 2009 campaign by winning two of the final three races, grabbed the sixth pole of his 44-race career, leaving the returning Michael Schumacher down in seventh place.
The Red Bull Racing star put in a stunning hot lap in the closing 10-minute qualifying session at the Sakhir circuit to edge out the Ferrari pair of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso into second and third, with McLaren's Lewis Hamilton fourth.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront