London Three Eastern Counties: Wymondham host Crusaders and Southwold travel to Lowestoft & Yarmouth for derby action
- Credit: Russ Clarke
There will be plenty of derby matches in the newly formed London Three Eastern Counties division this season but tomorrow there are genuine bragging rights on offer.
The closest of the encounters comes at Tuttles Lane, where Wymondham host near neighbours Crusaders, who kicked off with a 25-0 home win over Lowestoft & Yarmouth last weekend.
The hosts also made a strong start though, winning 26-7 at home against Newmarket, teeing up an intriguing encounter.
Neighbours will also meet at Gunton Park, where Lowestoft & Yarmouth take on Southwold, who enjoyed a comfortable 48-5 home victory over Wisbech last weekend.
Southwold took the bragging rights last season, romping to a 68-0 home success that prompted coaching changes at L&Y and winning 27-7 away later in the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Continuing the theme are Thetford, making the short journey to Newmarket as last season's Eastern Counties one champions look to build on a 29-22 win at West Norfolk.
There is also a relatively short journey for West as they look to bounce back from that defeat, heading north-east to recently relegated Holt, who started the campaign with a disappointing 35-18 loss at Stowmarket.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
The remaining sides can also enjoy short journeys, with a Cambridgeshire derby taking Ely to Wisbech and a Suffolk derby seeing Woodbridge host Stowmarket.
Two of the to win on the opening day of the Eastern Counties One North season meet when Beccles, who won 45-15 at GY Broadland, host Norwich Union, looking to build on a 60-14 home success against Swaffham.
Broadland head to Fakenham in search of their first win but face a home side who proved too strong for Diss Saracens last weekend, running out 33-5 home victors.
Swaffham will look to bounce back when they welcome North Walsham Raiders, playing their first match of the season, as are Norwich Medics, who head to Diss Saracens.
There is also derby action in Eastern Counties 2N, where GY Broadland seconds host Lowestoft and Yarmouth seconds.