London 2NE: Enfield Ignatians 40, Beccles 29
Beccles were finally condemned to relegation from London 2NE after Saturday's defeat at Enfield.
The visitors had briefly threatened a rare success as they led 18-14 at half-time.
Beccles were 12-0 ahead after 15 minutes following tries from Marcus Sale and Stefan Holmes.
Enfield responded with a try of their own, but a couple of well taken Luke Wade penalties, allied to a conversion of the first try, extended the visitors' lead to 18-7.
The hosts then scored a converted try before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
Two more tries after the break gave Ignatians the lead for the first time, before Beccles' Wade atoned for two earlier second-half misses with a successful penalty strike.
Ignatians secured the points with two further tries, before the spirited Beccles side rallied for a third try via Sam Long – but it was too late to stave off the drop.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash