Loddon’s hockey ladies make it four in a row
Loddon Ladies II 9, Old Buckenham II 1: Loddon Ladies made it four in a row with an emphatic win over Old Buckenham. The hosts always looked the stronger side against a young visiting team.
With Loddon at full strength they started pushing forward from the whistle and had all the play.
Old Buckenham held out for 10 minutes before Alice Wilson put the ball over the line from close in.
Three goals followed from Nicola Payne, the first a great solo run and the others from short corners.
Old Buckenham scored after a rare mistake by the defence allowing an attacker to put the ball under the keeper. Loddon went in at half-time 4-1 up having had a great effort disallowed for an infringement.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon made changes due to an injury, but still kept their shape and pressed for more goals at the start of the second half.
Good play on the right-hand side saw hard-driven crosses met by Charlotte Harvey at the far post to sweep the ball into the net four times. The other goal was scored by Becky Carver, a great reward for supplying most of the balls into the D for everyone else.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Loddon now sit in a lower middle placing of the league and look to give the stronger teams a better test than at the start of the season.