Loddon’s hockey ladies make it four in a row
Loddon Ladies II 9, Old Buckenham II 1: Loddon Ladies made it four in a row with an emphatic win over Old Buckenham. The hosts always looked the stronger side against a young visiting team.
With Loddon at full strength they started pushing forward from the whistle and had all the play.
Old Buckenham held out for 10 minutes before Alice Wilson put the ball over the line from close in.
Three goals followed from Nicola Payne, the first a great solo run and the others from short corners.
Old Buckenham scored after a rare mistake by the defence allowing an attacker to put the ball under the keeper. Loddon went in at half-time 4-1 up having had a great effort disallowed for an infringement.
Loddon made changes due to an injury, but still kept their shape and pressed for more goals at the start of the second half.
Good play on the right-hand side saw hard-driven crosses met by Charlotte Harvey at the far post to sweep the ball into the net four times. The other goal was scored by Becky Carver, a great reward for supplying most of the balls into the D for everyone else.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 5 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 6 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 7 Police ask neighbours to turn in inconsiderate parkers in new crackdown
- 8 City architect puts huge family home on the market for £1.45m
- 9 Grand Designs water tower to open for public
- 10 Japanese small plates restaurant opens in Norwich city centre
Loddon now sit in a lower middle placing of the league and look to give the stronger teams a better test than at the start of the season.