Local FA Cup hopes get home advantage
Wroxham will set aside their FA Cup aspirations tonight when they return to Ridgeons League Premier action – hoping to take top spot from leaders Dereham.
The Yachtsmen were yesterday handed a home draw against Concord Rangers in the second qualifying round, having hammered Wisbech 4-1 at the weekend.
They were joined in the hat by Ryman League Premier Division favourites Lowestoft Town, who now face the winners of tonight's replay between Hemel Hempstead Town and Brentwood while King's Lynn Town will entertain a Quorn without a league win this season.
Wroxham, who have dropped just two points from seven league outings, are away to Norwich United tonight. David Blatch's team are two points behind the leaders with two games in hand.
Dereham will be hoping to shake off Saturday's defeat at CRC when they entertain Great Yarmouth Town.
You may also want to watch:
Neither fixture is easy: the Bloaters won their first game under new boss Mike Derbyshire on Saturday, beating Brantham Athletic 4-3, while Norwich United were 3-2 winners at Hadleigh United.
Wisbech follow their cup exit with a trip to Mildenhall, one place ahead of them in third and eager to avenge a 2-1 loss at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium in August.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
There's the prospect of a cracking game at Brewers Green Lane, where Diss Town entertain Kirkley & Pakefield, who won for the first time on Saturday under new boss Paul Tong. The boss returns to one of his former clubs.