Linnets book their place in Senior Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Ian Burt
Thetford Town 0 King's Lynn Town 2
King's Lynn booked their place in the last eight of the Norfolk Senior Cup with a hard-fought win at Mundford Road.
After chances at both ends the Linnets took the lead just before the break when Eoin McQuoid produced a neat finish after being put in by Michael Clunan.
The game was held up early in the second half while substitute Leon Mettam received treatment after sliding into a barrier when trying to chase down a loose ball. When it finally resumed Alex Street made a couple of fine stops before Kurtis Revan confirmed the win after good work from Toby Hilliard.
The result completed the fourth round action, with Lynn joining Norwich United, Wroxham, Diss, Fakenham, Harleston, Long Stratton and Norwich CEYMS in the quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl