Linnets book their place in Senior Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Ian Burt
Thetford Town 0 King's Lynn Town 2
King's Lynn booked their place in the last eight of the Norfolk Senior Cup with a hard-fought win at Mundford Road.
After chances at both ends the Linnets took the lead just before the break when Eoin McQuoid produced a neat finish after being put in by Michael Clunan.
The game was held up early in the second half while substitute Leon Mettam received treatment after sliding into a barrier when trying to chase down a loose ball. When it finally resumed Alex Street made a couple of fine stops before Kurtis Revan confirmed the win after good work from Toby Hilliard.
The result completed the fourth round action, with Lynn joining Norwich United, Wroxham, Diss, Fakenham, Harleston, Long Stratton and Norwich CEYMS in the quarter-finals.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance