Limited rugby programme this weekend as games fall by wayside
- Credit: Archant
There is a limited programme at the weekend after three call-offs in RFU knock-out competitions.
Five games involving local sides were scheduled to take place in the first round of the Intermediate Cup, the Senior Vase and the Junior Vase, but only two were still on today.
Thetford host Essex side Maldon in Senior Vase and Beccles are due to visit Harwich and Dovercourt in the junior competition, but Norwich, Southwold and West Norfolk have all been handed byes into the second round.
Norwich were due to welcome London 2NE colleagues Harlow to Beeston Hyrne but the visitors opted to concede, citing an administrative error.
Southwold's trip to Cheshunt and West Norfolk's home tie with Basildon went the same way, with the opposition conceding, although West do have a game, a rescheduled home tie with Fakenham in the Norfolk Junior Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile North Walsham Raiders host Norwich Medics in Eastern Counties 1N.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 6 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'