Huckerby bags a brace in Cringleford’s Vets’ League victory
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Cringleford kept their run going with a 6-4 win against Mulbarton in the Leathes Prior Veterans League Premiership.
Darren Huckerby scored a brace along with Matt Metcalf.
Quebec secured an excellent 2-1 victory away at third-placed Horsford. Jason Fletcher and Ben Read were on the scoresheet for Quebec.
Horsford did pick up a victory as they beat Watton 2-0. Damian Fahy grabbed the first goal with Darren Fox coming off the bench to seal the win. Watton then drew 2-2 with Tavern Old Boys. Leonel Veiga and Kevin Bloomfield were on the scoresheet for Watton whilst Nathan Ferguson and Troy Bond scored for Tavern.
In the Championship, Scole won 2-1 away at Unthank Arms with Graham Ruddock and Mark Powell securing the win for the away side.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Town drew away at North Walsham 3-3 – Tim Leavold, Colm McGilway and Lee Potter all scored for North Walsham with Karl Pask on target twice for Thetford and Stephen Wycherley scoring the third.
Wensum Albion won their first game of the season, beating Sole & Heel 3-2. Ryan Newell scored twice with Michael Martin scoring the third. Wymondham bounced back from their defeat against Scole with a 5-1 win against Easton St Faiths.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
In League One, Cottage lost their first game since October with a 3-2 defeat at Mundford Exiles. Jamie Anderson, Jamie Brooks and Graham Peckham all scored one each as they won their first game since September. Cringleford Old Boys won comfortably 6-0 against Costessey. John McCluskey and Joao Cardoso were the pick of the scorers as they both bagged a brace. Swaffham won their first game since November as they beat Harts 4-1 with Keith Rix the pick of the scorers.
In League Two, Sheringham have now won seven on the trot as they won 6-0 at home to Newsman Valhalla. Wayne Campbell scored a hat-trick with Kristian Gleave, Paul Massingham and Simon Robinson each scoring once. East Harling beat Erpingham 5-3 with Andrew Morris scoring four times with Chris Bray adding a fifth. The final game came from Micawbers Tavern as they drew with Morley & Deopham 0-0.