Leatherhead 1, Lowestoft Town 2
Lowestoft Town moved back up to second place in Ryman League Premier Division on Saturday after a hard-fought victory over struggling Leatherhead.
Lowestoft's early pressure was finally rewarded in the 25th minute as they took the lead. Lubo Guentchev picked up the ball in midfield, cut inside his marker and picked out Matt Nolan, who went past Danny Gainsford and keeper Chico Ramos before playing the ball back into the middle where Guentchev had continued his run to turn the ball into the net.
Having taken the lead Lowestoft seemed to take the foot of the pedal, allowing Leatherhead to get back into the game. And the hosts stunned the Blues by levelling the scores on the stroke of half-time.
Jack Macleod's corner was cleared back out to the wing, Jake Hill collected the ball and crossed to the far post where Danny Gainsford rose high to head down past Reynolds.
Lowestoft regained the lead in the 62nd minute following the award of a controversial penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Nolan's shot from no more than three yards struck Gary Drewett on the hand and the referee signalled a penalty. Ramos dived to his left to parry Guentchev's spot-kick but Stuart Ainsley reacted quickest to reach the ball and shoot home from a narrow angle.
• Lowestoft Town: Reynolds, Cave-Brown, Smith, Ainsley, Mitchell, Gaughran, Guentchev, Fisk, Nolan (Forshaw 78), Frew (Sub Forbes 83), Henderson (Francis 69).
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 4 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'