Learn from the world champ
FLY FISHING: Narborough trout lakes 01760 338005. There are still hatches occurring during the day with the occasional fish being taken with a dry fly.
Most anglers are taking their limit bags on a variety of flies and buzzers are working well. The fish seem to be taking different flies at different times of day so keep ringing the changes when it comes to fly selection and depth.
Blackdyke trout fishery 07525 730447. Iain Barr will be at Blackdyke on January 15 if you fancy a day with the world champion learning all aspects of fly fishing, included in the price of �100 is a free box of flies, tuition, day's fishing and lunch – please ring for details. Last week saw some excellent fishing with nymphs accounting for most of the fish caught other flies that caught fish were crunchers, montanas, dawl bachs, hares ears, and cats whiskers. Trevor Seaman took 10 fish using nymphs. For more details contact Paul Speed on the number above.
South Elmham trout fishery 07500 703389. The easterly wind made it slightly more challenging last week. Daddies fished just below the surface was a telling method. Regular Raymond Crisp took two brown trout one weighing 7lbs and the other 3lbs, both fish were returned.
Larkwood trout fishery 01284 728612. The rod average has improved again this week to 3.2 fish per angler. Sunken daddies fished just under the surface has worked wonders accounting for many fish. Other flies that have also taken fish are minkies and black tadpoles. David Sykes took the biggest fish of the week a cracking rainbow that tipped the scales at 12lbs 7ozs. Dave was using a home tied fry imitating lure.
Nar Valley Fisheries 01553 636507. Another report, and another big fish catch from Nar Valley Fisheries. This week is the turn of Ben Barham again. Back in August Ben set a new complex Carp record with a common of 36lb 2oz. During his last two sessions on Lake Geneva he has banked Commons of 29lb and 25lb 8oz and Mirrors of 29lb, 28lb, 28lb, 24lb and a superb fish of 32lb, the largest reported mirror of the season so far.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge