League One Peterborough United looking forward to trip to improving Sheffield United
- Credit: Joe Dent/JMP
Peterborough United will be looking to bounce back from their weekend woes at in-form Sheffield United this evening.
The Posh went down 1-0 at Crawley Town on Saturday thanks to a late Matt Tubbs penalty leaving boss Darren Ferguson bemoaning his side's lack of consistency. They have the chance to respond immediately tonight at Bramall Lane but Peterborough's manager admits it will be a tough task with the Blades having won their last seven matches in a row.
Ferguson said: 'I'm really looking forward to it. They're the form team in the league, they've won seven on the bounce – some of them obviously cup games – they've got a huge game for themselves on Saturday in the (FA) Cup.
'So I'd imagine it'll be a good crowd, a good atmosphere – it's a proper football stadium Sheffield United and it's one you look forward to, there's no question.'
Posh, sixth in League One, have a number of injury worries ahead of the trip to Yorkshire. Ben Nugent (hip), John Brayford (calf) and Jamie Murphy (groin) are doubtful while Kyle Vassell (toe) is definitely out.
You may also want to watch:
Britt Assombalonga, Tommy Rowe and Danny Swanson all took knocks at the weekend but should be fine to feature as United look to blunt the 13th-placed Blades' surge up the table.
'There's one or two we're waiting on,' Ferguson also told the club website's Posh Player.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
'But like I've said I've got options to change the team.'