League leaders RG Carter hit ground running after break
The City of Norwich League restarted after an unscheduled winter break for snow and ice.
League leaders RG Carter played at home agaisnt Old Bonds and won 14-0 (P Johnson 10-6, N Willard 16-9, M Woods 19-4, T Brown 15-5).
They then played County Council and won 11-3 (M Woods 22-4).
At home to Costessey it was a 13-1 win (T Brown won 24-6).
It was a mixed week for Jarrolds as they lost 14-0 away to Felthorpe who had the following scores F Davey 14-7, M Harris 13-8, J Green 17-8, P Nash 17-6.
You may also want to watch:
They then played at home to Sprowston and won 12-2 (P Carter 22-5). Sprowston recovered to beat Old Bonds 12-2 at home J Poynter 16-4. Old Bonds' run of defeats continued away to Horsford as they lost 13-1 (D Downing won 18-4 for HBC) and at home to Thorpe Marriott they lost 10-4. The result would have been different if G Clarke's triple had not won 26-4 for Marriott. County Council won a close game at home to Deaf Sports. The result was in doubt until the last end but council edged home 10-4 and by four shots. Bottom club Anglian Windows played Horsford at home and had a 14-0 victory A Walker 13-11, K Halford 12-4, M Boswell 12-5 and A Williamson 25-5.
In the league shield Sprowston met old rivals Horsford Heroes and on paper a comfortable win for Horsford look likely and after winning the first leg 6-2 and by 22 shots it looked a certainty.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
But at home Sprowston were quickly out of the blocks and turned the game round. T Fletcher won 24-7 and L Chadwick won 23-8. The second half was closer and when it came to the last end Sprowston were one shot up.
Heroes made the mistake of leaving the Sprowston skip a target to take the shots away from Heroes and to the Sprowston back bowl. This he did and when Heroes' response was short Sprowston emerged two-shot winners and now play Horsford in the semi-final.