Leading goalscorer Spriggs to leave King’s Lynn Town at end of March
Leading goalscorer Steve Spriggs will leave King's Lynn Town at the end of March to play football in Sweden, boss Gary Setchell has confirmed.
Wideman Spriggs has bagged 19 goals for title-chasing Lynn this season and scored his side's opener in their vital 2-0 win at Newport Pagnell Town on Saturday.
Setchell says the popular 23-year-old, who joined Lynn from Wroxham in June 2010, is leaving the club after being given a 'huge opportunity' to play professionally in Scandinavia.
The Lynn boss said: 'Of course I'm disappointed but Spriggsy's been honest and up front with me and given me five to six weeks notice.
'He's a non-contract player but he has offered to give his services to the club until April 1 for free if I have to use the money we pay him to get someone else in.
You may also want to watch:
'He's not burnt any bridges with me or the club and maybe in a year he could come back and play for us again - hopefully at a higher level.'
The former Cambridge United Academy player has scored an incredible 45 goals in 90 appearances for Lynn and has also played non-league football for Ely City and Mildenhall Town.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
• For the full story see tomorrow's EDP.