Late leveller denies King’s Lynn Town all three points at Halesowen
- Credit: IAN BURT
Kings Lynn were denied a rare win at The Grove when a deflected shot three minutes from time handed the home side a share of the Evo-Stik Premier Division spoils.
The Linnets dominated the first half but all they had to show for their efforts was a Michael Frew effort – and missed chances were to prove costly at the end as the home side grabbed an unlikely equaliser.
All the early chances were created by the visitors and they should have opened the scoring after four minutes when David Bridges whipped an effort across the face of goal.
Four minutes later Jake Jones threatened to connect with a delightful ball into the area from Frew, home keeper Matt Sargeant gathering the ball.
When Sargeant miscued a clearance, Sam Mulready looked to have slotted into the empty net only for defender Joel Kettle to clear off the line.
You may also want to watch:
But the Linnets finally broke the deadlock in the 19th minute when a delightful ball into the area from George Thomson found Frew who calmly chipped the ball over the Halesowen keeper.
Thomson was close to grabbing Lynn's second when he was picked out by Bell's corner but his shot cannoned off an outstretched leg and bounced off the foot of the post.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 9 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
The Linnets struggled to repeat their first-half display after the break as they seemed content to hold on for a narrow win.
But with three minutes remaining, Chris Lait cut in off the left wing and drilled a shot that deflected off Jackson Ramm and into the bottom left-hand corner.
Halesowen: Sargeant, Green, Charlton (Griffiths 68), Bragoli (Turner 73), Hull, Tilt, Kettle, Thompson-Brown, Christie, Haseley, Lait. Subs (not used): Mackenzie, Tonks, Forde.
Kings Lynn: Street, Ramm, Yong, Watson, Eze, Bridges, Bell, Thomson, Frew, Mulready, Jones (Spriggs 75). Subs (not used): Stocker, Ward.
Halesowen: Lait (87)
Kings Lynn: Frew (19)
Cards - Yellow
Halesowen: Thompson-Brown (2), Hull (65), Griffithd (77)
Kings Lynn: Eze (83)