Late goals snatch wins for Great Yarmouth Town and Kirkley & Pakefield
Great Yarmouth Town made a winning return to the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division – in dramatic fashion.
The Bloaters won 2-1 at Fakenham Town last night thanks to a late winner from Chris Holmes.
Ashley Jarvis had levelled for the hosts, shortly after Mitch Forbes' opener for Yarmouth in the 57th minute, but Holmes turned in a Declan McAvoy free-kick in stoppage time to snatch the victory at Clipbush Park.
In the First Division, Dereham Town Reserves were thrashed 6-0 at league new boys Wisbech St Mary.
Kirkley & Pakefield won their FA Cup extra preliminary round replay at Walsham le Willows – also scoring late to win 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Ross King had put the Royals ahead in the first half bu the hosts equalised late on – only for Ben George to score an even later winner.
• Norwich United have signed former Wroxham winger Remy Gordon on a two-year contract.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
The 23-year-old approached Norwich manager Steve Eastaugh following the cancellation of his contract at St Neots Town.
Gordon – the son of Norwich City legend Dale Gordon – goes straight into the squad for the Planters' first match in Ryman League Division One North, at Great Wakering Rovers on Saturday.
United assistant manager, John Edridge, said: 'Remy is a player who I initially worked with at Wroxham a few years back, he has since matured into a great young talent and one that I'm delighted to get the chance to work with again.
'He fits the mould of the players we want at the club and like us is keen to succeed.'