Langley School pupils seal place in national final with help from Norwich City legends
- Credit: Matt Smart/North Devon Gazette
Langley School's under-15s are celebrating reaching a national final after a long trip to Devon.
The youngsters, coached by Norwich City legends Rob Newman and Darren Eadie, won 4-0 at South Molton Community College in the semi-finals of the ESFA Playstation Small Schools' Trophy.
Striker Tyreece Simpson gave Langley the best possible start, firing a well-taken shot in off the post after five minutes.
The visitors made it 2-0 some 20 minutes later through Spencer Keller, ending a twisting run with a calm finish.
South Molton ended the half well, and were beginning to threaten a lot more when a sucker-punch from Keller came, the forward getting his second when rounding off a rapid counter-attack.
You may also want to watch:
Langley extended their lead with two minutes left when Keller completed his hat-trick. They face Cheshire school Ellesmere Port Catholic High in the final.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67