Langley School pupils seal place in national final with help from Norwich City legends
- Credit: Matt Smart/North Devon Gazette
Langley School's under-15s are celebrating reaching a national final after a long trip to Devon.
The youngsters, coached by Norwich City legends Rob Newman and Darren Eadie, won 4-0 at South Molton Community College in the semi-finals of the ESFA Playstation Small Schools' Trophy.
Striker Tyreece Simpson gave Langley the best possible start, firing a well-taken shot in off the post after five minutes.
The visitors made it 2-0 some 20 minutes later through Spencer Keller, ending a twisting run with a calm finish.
South Molton ended the half well, and were beginning to threaten a lot more when a sucker-punch from Keller came, the forward getting his second when rounding off a rapid counter-attack.
You may also want to watch:
Langley extended their lead with two minutes left when Keller completed his hat-trick. They face Cheshire school Ellesmere Port Catholic High in the final.
- 1 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 5 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 8 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change