King’s Lynn star set for track return at European Championship
- Credit: IAN BURT PHOTOGRAPHY
King’s Lynn Stars racer Robert Lambert has been handed a place in the rescheduled 2020 Speedway European Championship next month.
The tournament will be held over five rounds, all in Poland, with a place in the 2021 FIM Speedway Grand Prix series up for grabs as well as the European title itself.
Lambert has been handed a wildcard spot and is currently based in Poland but still hopes travel restrictions will be lifted to allow him to rejoin Lynn later this summer.
The Norfolk rider said: “I hope by next month the fans will be able to come to the stadium and the rest of the speedway world can watch through the TV.
“I’m very excited to be back in these events and going ahead as two months ago the prospect of any racing in 2020 was not looking so good.”
You may also want to watch:
Former Eastbourne racer Mikkel Michelsen defends his title in a high profile field including world number two Leon Madsen.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 4 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 7 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 8 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 9 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?