King’s Lynn star set for track return at European Championship
- Credit: IAN BURT PHOTOGRAPHY
King’s Lynn Stars racer Robert Lambert has been handed a place in the rescheduled 2020 Speedway European Championship next month.
The tournament will be held over five rounds, all in Poland, with a place in the 2021 FIM Speedway Grand Prix series up for grabs as well as the European title itself.
Lambert has been handed a wildcard spot and is currently based in Poland but still hopes travel restrictions will be lifted to allow him to rejoin Lynn later this summer.
The Norfolk rider said: “I hope by next month the fans will be able to come to the stadium and the rest of the speedway world can watch through the TV.
“I’m very excited to be back in these events and going ahead as two months ago the prospect of any racing in 2020 was not looking so good.”
You may also want to watch:
Former Eastbourne racer Mikkel Michelsen defends his title in a high profile field including world number two Leon Madsen.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes