L&Y facing another tough Vase awayday
RFU SENIOR VASE: Lowestoft and Yarmouth must put the disappointment of their promotion near miss behind them tomorrow when they travel to face Basildon – the team who pipped them to the London 3NE title – in the last 16 of the RFU Senior Vase.
L&Y will make no changes to the squad that beat Wisbech 46-17 in their last league fixture of the season on Saturday.
This will be their third away tie in the Vase and if they win again they will be on their travels again to either Medway or Teddington in the quarter-finals next weekend. The final will take place at Twickenham.
Director of rugby Scott Nelson said: 'Basildon will no doubt be a very hard prospect at home. We managed a draw there last month and will look to go one better and get the win this time round.
'Personally I love Cup/Vase competitions because they give clubs a chance at playing teams you would not meet otherwise – but financially it has been expensive for an amateur club like ourselves.
'Having had four away matches and not a single home game has been hard but its the luck of the draw.
'We will be taking this fixture seriously and all the boys know that they are only a few games from Twickenham.'
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
• Lowestoft & Yarmouth from: G Newton, J Titterington, C Howe, R Bristo, C Cashman, R Wilkinson, R Oakes, S Powles, S Adams, K Taylor-Crisp, M Thomas, R Chapman, S Nelson, T Dare, J Fewkes, M Mcalone, D Boardley, D Palmer, B Sutherland.