Kirkley & Pakefield throw title race open with Hadleigh win
Kirkley & Pakefield threw the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title race wide open thanks to a 3-1 win over leaders Hadleigh.
Goals from Kyle Baker, Tarren Grint and Dave Tarawali gave the Royals all three points as Hadleigh's title charge continues to falter.
Third-placed Gorleston took full advantage with a 3-0 win over Stanway Rovers thanks to goals from Christy Finch, Jack Garrod and Bradley Hough. The Greens are seven points behind Hadleigh, who have played two games more. Second-placed Felixstowe & Walton, who beat Thetford on Saturday, are two points ahead of Stewart Larter's men but have also played two games more.
Norwich United cruised to a 2-0 win at Walsham-le-Willows thanks to goals from Adam Bennett and Paul Cook.
In Division One, Swaffham maintained their promotion charge thanks to a 6-1 win over AFC Sudbury Reserves. Mark Allibone bagged a brace whilst Matthew Castellan, Richard Cornwell, Alex Vincent and Jake Platten were also on the scoresheet.
Great Yarmouth Town survived their coach breaking down and going 2-0 down at Braintree Reserves to draw 2-2.
Fakenham Town are up to third in the table thanks to a 3-0 win at Stowmarket – Josh Youngs, Daniel McCarrick and Toby Wiseman getting the goals. Dereham Reserves shared the points with their Needham Market counterparts in a 2-2 draw.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 4 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 5 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 8 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls