Kirby Muxloe 0 Wisbech Town 4: Harry Limb hits hat-trick for Fenmen
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town bounced back from two United Counties League Premier Division defeats in a row with an emphatic win at Leicestershire side Kirby Muxloe.
It took just six minutes for the Fenmen to take the lead, Billy Smith finding the net with a well-placed free kick which Kirby goalkeeper James Flinders watched, rooted to the spot, fly by him.
Nine minutes later, Flinders attempt to roll the ball out to a team-mate and instead found Harry Limb 25 yards from goal and the young striker ran into the box and calmly picked his spot.
The match as a contest was effectively over after 17 minutes. Good work down the left allowed Edgaras Buzas to get into the box and his cross was converted by Limb on the turn.
Despite their dominance, Wisbech couldn't find another goal for the remainder of the half and it wasn't until the 70th minute that an ideal opportunity to add to their tally arrived. Limb was brought down in the box but Adam Millson's penalty was well saved by Flinders.
You may also want to watch:
Seven minutes later, the home side were awarded a penalty of their own but Sam Vince – a virtual spectator for the duration of the game – saved Carl Benson's spot kick with an excellent dive to his right.
The final act of the match was another Wisbech penalty in stoppage time after a foul on Harry Vince. Limb stepped up to score to record his second hat-trick of the season.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game