Solihull Moors F.C
King's Lynn Town F.C
More agony as chance goes begging for Linnets
- Credit: Ian Burt
King’s Lynn Town dropped valuable points in their relegation battle.
The Linnets surrendered a two-goal lead to share the points at Moors on a day when the first of the relegation places was confirmed – an indicator, if one was needed, that time is running out.
Lynn got off to a dream start when Malachi Linton put them ahead with just 10 minutes on the clock.
Central defender Luis Fernandez – who replaced Ross Barrows at half-time - made it 2-0 seven minutes into the second half with his first goal of the season, and Lynn looked to be on their way to a valuable win.
But Moors pulled one back on the hour mark when Alex Gudger put the ball in at a corner and with just two minutes remaining they were level, through Callum Howe.
There was still time for Cam Hargreaves to try and put Lynn ahead again, but his effort was tipped around a post.
In other matches at the bottom end of the table, Dover, the only team below Lynn, were thumped 6-0 at Barnet, a result which conformed relegation for the club that began the season with a deduction of 12 points.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 6 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 7 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 8 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
- 9 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 10 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
Weymouth lost 2-0 at home to FC Halifax and are now five points ahead of the Linnets, who have a game in hand. In the last safe spot are Aldershot, who were without a game; they’re 14 points ahead of Lynn from the same number of games. Then come Wealdstone, who lost 4-1 at Eastleigh.
Solihull Moors: Boot, Clarke, Storer (Osborne 58), Howe, Gudger, Sbarra, Maycock, Barnett, Boyes, Dallas, Newton (Rooney 58). Subs not used: Cranston, McNally, Malcolm.
King’s Lynn Town: P Jones, Denton, Bowry, Linton, A Jones, Sundire, Barrett (Omotayo 75), Barrows (Fernandez 46), Scott (Clunan 61), Hargreaves, Coulson. Subs not used: Hickman, Walker.