Stars ready for return to fans to King's Lynn
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn co-promoter Dale Allitt says “we are good to go” with the government’s recovery roadmap on target with spectators set to return to the Adrian Flux Arena from May 17.
The Minors and Brady Stars bosses have worked tirelessly over the last 12 months to make sure the stadium is able to operate within the Covid-19 social distancing restrictions, including running a British Youth Championship fixture last summer as a test event ahead of the return of league racing.
“It’s exciting times and we’re very much looking forward to welcoming fans back to the arena,'' said Allitt. “From a speedway perspective it has been a long time coming. We did run some events with the stock cars and one speedway meeting last season so we are good to go.
“For the speedway we did that really as a test event just to see how things would be if restrictions were still going to be in place, even though we don’t know the exact stadium requirements that will be in place in May.
“We’re very mindful that we’re Covid secure. We attained the Covid tick last year with how we open the stadium with extra sanitization of hands and extra cleaning of the stadium and toilets. We have also got one-way systems in the bars and cafés around the arena.
“It’s very safe and we’re ready for anything. If the restrictions are similar to what they were last year then we’re good to go.
“We’re very fortunate that it’s a big open space at the Adrian Flux Arena and as I say, I’m really pleased we held events in 2020 because we now know that we’re able to run safely."
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 5 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 9 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 10 More than two weeks of A47 lane closures to begin from tonight
With the new season just weeks away, Stars owner Buster Chapman has been busy preparing the Norfolk circuit with riders eager to get practice laps before the 2021 campaign begins.
Allitt added: “It looks like the original recovery road map is very much on schedule so we will be ready to welcome Ipswich Witches on May 17, on what should be a terrific derby to start the season with Jason Crump making his first appearance at Lynn for many years.”