Wasted journey for Linnets as match is postponed
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Town's scheduled National League game at Chesterfield on Tuesday evening has been called off.
The match fell victim to the heavy rain in the area, with the pitch at the Technique Stadium waterlogged.
A post on Chesterfield's official website just an hour before kick-off read: "Tonight’s fixture at home to King’s Lynn Town has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
"Community Trust staff and volunteers worked hard to clear snow from the pitch during the day but continuous rain over a the space of a few hours made the pitch unplayable.
"After inspecting the pitch, the referee announced that the match would be postponed.
"A new date for the fixture will be arranged in due course."
The fixture was due to have been played on Monday December 28 but was postponed due to Covid-related issues.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
Lynn's next match is next Tuesday night when they travel to Bromley.