Linnets' clash at Altrincham off due to Covid 'procedural error'
- Credit: Ian Burt
King’s Lynn Town’s National League Premier clash at Altrincham on Tuesday evening has been postponed "due to an ongoing COVID investigation at the Walks”.
A statement on the Linnets website on Monday morning cited a “procedural error”, which took place after Paul Bastock’s positive COVID test on Christmas Day meaning Lynn’s festive schedule had to be postponed.
Aaron Jones also provided a positive over Christmas with the defender’s last contact with anyone at the Walks taking place at their 3-1 win at Alfreton on December 22. However, the procedural error relates to Aarons’ case and the National League have taken the decision to postpone Lynn’s trip to Moss Lane.
A club statement said: “Tomorrow evening’s scheduled National League fixture at Altrincham has been postponed by the National League due to an ongoing COVID investigation at The Walks.
“Following assistant manager Paul Bastock’s positive test on Christmas Day, full back Aaron Jones also provided a positive COVID test over the festive period. Aaron’s last contact with any of his team mates or club management was on December 22nd – the fixture away at Alfreton Town in the FA Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
“A procedural error took place within the club, which has now been rectified, in relation to the situation involving Aaron with the National League informing the club that they had taken the decision to postpone the game early this morning.
“No other players or club management are having to isolate because of the situation and we expect to be back in action this weekend when we visit Hornchurch in the FA Trophy.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 6 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 7 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 8 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
The Linnets returned to action at the weekend for the first time after Christmas with a 1-1 draw against Halifax Town, which saw new signing Alex Kiwomya mark his debut with a goal.