King’s Lynn Town trialist has another chance to impress during visit to Dereham Town
- Credit: IAN BURT
Winger George Stewart will be keen to shine for King's Lynn Town in their latest friendly at Dereham Town this evening.
The 24-year-old, a former Northern Ireland youth international, delivered a delicious cross for Jake Jones to find the net during Lynn's 3-1 victory at Wisbech Town on Saturday. And Linnets' boss Gary Setchell is keen to have another look at the ex-Wrexham wideman tonight.
Lynn's boss, who welcomes Ross Watson back into his squad for the match at lower-level Dereham, said: 'George's doing well. He's got a lot of experience. He's had a year out but he's been at Southampton and Wrexham so he's got good pedigree.
'He's moving into the area shortly so he'll be with us through the rest of pre-season and try to get himself a deal. He's shown some nice touches in training and obviously he showed some nice touches in the game on Saturday. He put a couple of great balls in. We're always trying to make the squad better and improve.'
Stewart, an FA qualified level three coach, knows his potential Lynn team-mate David Bridges – who, along with Jackson Ramm and Steve Spriggs are likely to miss their club's latest warm-up game. Matt Henman's Dereham lost 2-0 at Sheffield-based Shirebrook at the weekend as they continued their preparations for the forthcoming Ryman Division One North campaign. Elsewhere, Conference North new-boys Lowestoft Town visit Bury Town after losing their first match of the summer 2-0 at home to Leiston on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Other friendlies: Spixworth v Norwich Utd, Reepham Town v Dereham Town Res, Peterborough Sports v Downham Town, Wisbech Town v Mildenhall Town, Beccles Town v Kirkley & Pakefield, Harleston Town v Gorleston, Swaffham Town v St Andrews
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash