King’s Lynn Town pegged back by last minute equaliser at Belper
Belper Town 3 King's Lynn Town 3
King's Lynn had two points snatched from their grasp last night when Belper's Jon Froggatt netted in the fourth minute of injury-time.
Lynn arrived in Belper having won three and lost two of their opening five games while their hosts were looking for their first win of the season.
The Nailers got off to a great start when Colin Marrison put them ahead after Evan Garnett's driven cross bounced off a Lynn defender, leaving Marrison the opportunity to steer the ball past Alex Street.
They went close to doubling their lead on 20 minutes when Regan Edridge headed a corner towards the top corner but Street tipped the ball over for a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn responded with a fine header from Dan Quigley in the 24th minute before George Thompson fired a good chance high over the top.
Just before the break Belper's Edridge gave Lynn a chance to equalise when he pushed over Michael Frew inside the penalty area, and David Bell converted to send the teams in at the break all-square,
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
Lynn started the second period on the offensive, but it was Belper who almost regained the lead on 53 minutes after some great work from Ian Ross, who beat three defenders before seeing his shot come back of the upright and go to safety.
Lynn then stole the initiative in the 59th minute when David Bridges threaded his shot between a group of Belper defenders and beyond the unsighted keeper.
Thompson hit the outside of the post on 76 minutes and then a quick counter-attack saw Jon Froggatt intercept a crossield pass on the edge of the penalty area and Kieran Wells picked up the loose ball and fired low into the corner for the equaliser.
Lynn were back in front in the 83rd minute when Thompson headed in a cross from Bell.
Belper piled on the pressure in the closing stages and they were rewarded deep into added on time when Froggatt nodded an Edridge cross in at the far post to deny Lynn victory.
Belper Town: Martin, Thompson ,(Jones 75), Dudley (Harrison 86), Ross, Edridge, White, Marrison, Warne, Froggatt, Garnett (Wells 61), Stevenson. Unused subs: Varley, Low
King's Lynn Town: Street, Ramm, Yong, Brooks (Lee 45), Watson, Quigley, Bell, Bridges, Frew, Thompson (Mulready 88), Jones (Spriggs 86). Unused subs: Ward