King’s Lynn Town looking to shake off difficult week against Cirencester
- Credit: Ian Burt
The Linnets will try and finish a difficult week on a positive note when they entertain lowly Cirencester in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division.
Gary Setchell's team saw their FA Cup run come to an end in third round qualifying when they were beaten 2-0 by higher-level Alfreton at The Walks last weekend.
That was followed by a Southern League Challenge Cup first round loss at St Ives, 6-5 on penalties, after the match had finished 0-0 in extra-time. The match was almost abandoned however, after a nasty clash of heads saw Lynn defender Matty Castellan taken to hospital after lengthy treatment on the pitch.
The 21-year-old has made good progress in hospital and continues to be monitored closely.
It has all made for a tough week for the Linnets, who host a Cirencester side looking to kick-start their season after the recent sacking of manager Brian Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
Ex-Swindon and Wycombe striker Charlie Griffin has been persuaded to hang up his boots and pick up the reins, beginning his time in charge with a 0-0 home draw against Hitchin last Saturday, before losing 4-1 on penalties at Banbury in the League Cup on Tuesday.
The Centurions – who have scored just 11 goals in 12 league games –have signed Iceland U19 international Sindri Scheving from Reading ahead of the match. The 18-year-old has joined on a one-month loan deal and goes straight into the squad, with regular left-back Scott Bevan suffering from severe tonsillitis and awaiting an operation.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash