King’s Lynn Town look to extend brilliant New Year’s Day record
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Town will be looking to maintain their 100pc record on New Year's Day when Barwell arrive at The Walks.
The Linnets have won both of their matches on January 1 since the club was reformed in the summer of 2010 and also won their first game of 2012 on the second day of that year.
All of those victories have come on their own turf and boss Gary Setchell hopes his men can once again get the second half of the latest campaign off to a flier in Norfolk this afternoon.
Lynn's manager said: 'Against Newport Pagnell (2012) we scored in the 87th and 90th minute to beat them after being 1-0 down and we did the same last year against Stamford with Shane Tolley scoring twice late on.
'It's always nice to get the new year off to a good start. There's normally a good crowd and hopefully that will be the same today and we can start 2014 as we left 2013.'
You may also want to watch:
The Linnets have beaten Raunds Town 10-1 and Newport Pagnell and Stamford by the same 2-1 scoreline in their first matches of the last three years.
They go into the maiden game of 2014 having won 3-2 at Marine on Saturday to move back up to ninth in the Evo-Stik Premier Division. Leicestershire-based Barwell lost 2-1 at Blyth Spartans and sit 16th, just seven points behind Lynn.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 10 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park