King’s Lynn Town look to bring something back from long trip to Whitby
King's Lynn Town will aim to strengthen their bid to secure a top-10 finish in the Evo-Stik Premier Division this evening.
The Linnets face a 340-mile round trip to Whitby Town on the back of an improved run which has seen them win two of their last three matches. And having triumphed 1-0 at Stafford Rangers on Saturday, thanks to George Thomson's goal, boss Gary Setchell wants his ninth-placed troops to return to Norfolk with something to show from their latest long journey up north.
Lynn's manager told the club's official YouTube channel: 'You have to play the cards that are dealt to you. By no stretch of the imagination, it's not ideal. The boys are going to have to certainly dig in. They're going to have to get time off work, they're obviously going to get home late, and then they're going to get up to go to work. Luckily we haven't got a game on Saturday, so that's one godsend, so we'll train instead – they've love that. We've just got to keep going.
'Once we get to Whitby there's three points up for grabs. It's a football pitch, 22 lads, a football and two goals. Once we get there, it's a long way to go to lose, and it's a long way to go to do something silly and take a Buxton (lost 6-1 away), but that would be a great effort if we could go there and do what we did on Saturday.'
The Linnets' clean sheet on Saturday was their first on the road in the league this season. They were without Jake Jones (suspended), Ryan Fryatt and Ashley Timms (both suspended and injured) and will be missing the trio again this evening.
You may also want to watch:
A car boot sale will be held at the club's Walks ground on Sunday (8.30am-1pm). To book a pitch call Richard Simper on 07786426384.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub