Linnets sign Posh midfielder on loan deal
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town have added to their ranks with a loan signing from Peterborough United.
Teenage defensive midfielder Kyle Barker has signed a short-term deal until January.
“Knowing some of the lads from Norwich City, it makes it easier and I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead,” he said. “I’m very happy to be here.”
The 19-year-old – born in King’s Lynn – has been at Posh’s academy since he was 13 and signed his first professional deal in March last year.
Barker made three appearances in the EFL Trophy at the start of this season and also featured in the FA Cup third-round defeat at Burnley.
This is his fourth loan spell, following stints with Kettering in 2018, Lowestoft Town in 2019 and fellow National League side Wrexham, who he joined in February this year.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 4 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 8 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 9 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 10 Community rally together after fire rips through family home