Linnets sign Posh midfielder on loan deal
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town have added to their ranks with a loan signing from Peterborough United.
Teenage defensive midfielder Kyle Barker has signed a short-term deal until January.
“Knowing some of the lads from Norwich City, it makes it easier and I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead,” he said. “I’m very happy to be here.”
The 19-year-old – born in King’s Lynn – has been at Posh’s academy since he was 13 and signed his first professional deal in March last year.
Barker made three appearances in the EFL Trophy at the start of this season and also featured in the FA Cup third-round defeat at Burnley.
You may also want to watch:
This is his fourth loan spell, following stints with Kettering in 2018, Lowestoft Town in 2019 and fellow National League side Wrexham, who he joined in February this year.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 4 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'