Linnets winning start to season with FA Cup victory
- Credit: Tim Smith
King's Lynn Town Ladies have made a winning start to the season.
Michelle Stewart's side are through to First Round Qualifying in the Women's FA Cup after a 3-1 away win at Haverhill Rovers in the Preliminary Round.
Stewart says she was pleased with a "dominant team performance", nulifying Rovers' top forward who scored 40 goals last season despite only having one recognised defender fit for the game.
The result means the Linnets will face Harlow in the next round which will be played on Sunday September 22.
Lynn still have a way to go for a glamour tie against a Women's Super League or Championship opponent with sides from the top two divisions entering the competition in the Fourth Round Proper.
You may also want to watch:
Stewart says despite the tall climb to face a giant, the FA Cup means a lot to the club.
She said: "It's a good occasion, it's nice to play different teams and obviously it's a good earner for the club £300 to £400 is a lot of money to us."
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church
The domestic season begins for the Linnets on September 15 at home to Cambridge City Development.