King’s Lynn Town boss satisfied with an away point at Kings Langley

Ryan Hawkins came closer to earning King's Lynn Town a win but was denied late on by the keeper . Pi

Ryan Hawkins came closer to earning King's Lynn Town a win but was denied late on by the keeper . Picture Matthew Usher.

King's Lynn Town boss Ian Culverhouse declared himself happy with a point following this stalemate in deepest Hertfordshire.

Despite having a good measure of control on a majority of the game, clear chances for both teams were at a premium as two well-drilled defences carried out their jobs to the letter.

'You have to be happy with a point on the road,' admitted Culverhouse. 'I said in the build-up to the game that we would need all of our fighting skills and determination to get something from here because I knew it would be a difficult place to come.

'On that front I was proven right. They were well set-up, very stubborn and well organised. It was difficult to create clear-cut chances and when we did we were guilty of not quite being on the money and taking them.

'Their keeper has made a top-drawer save at the end to deny Hawks (Ryan Hawkins) and they also had a great chance to win it as well, so you have to be satisfied with the point. It keeps the momentum going and it's something to carry on to Tuesday's game at Biggleswade.'

You may also want to watch:

The Linnets controlled most of the first half, with Michael Gash grazing home keeper Martin Bennett's right post following a Tom Ward long throw. Mitchell Weiss was denied by a combination of Ward and keeper Alex Street as the home side launched a brief foray into visiting territory.

The second half began with appeals for a Lynn penalty as Gash tumbled in the area before Leon Mettam lifted the ball over the bar following good pressure.

Most Read

Cameron Norman undertook a mazy run which ended with the full-back firing wide and when substitute Hawkins fired straight at Bennett shortly after his introduction it seemed only a matter of time before a visiting goal arrived.

However, Josh Coldicott–Stevens should have won the game for the hosts as he stole the ball from an advancing Street but failed to hit the open goal, instead firing the ball wide of the upright.

The action switched immediately to the other end where Bennett produced a superb fingertip save to deny Hawkins' powerful curling effort to ensure spoils remained even.

Kings Langley: Bennett, Folarin, Adebiyi, Connolly, Johnson, Coldicott-Stevens, Godfrey,Ward, Turner, Weiss, King. Subs not used: Ocran, Waldren, Tring, Karagozlu, Kampton.

Lynn: Street, Norman, Fryatt, Gaughran, Ward, Jarvis, Clunan, Parker, Gash, Mettam (Siddons 75), Lappin (Hawkins 65). Subs not used: McQuaid.

Referee: Stephen Bates.

Att: 201.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus