King’s Lynn Town defender Fryatt’s knee injury is not ‘career threatening’
- Credit: IAN BURT
Relieved King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell admits he's feeling mixed emotions over Ryan Fryatt's injury.
Lynn's manager is delighted that the 20-year-old's knee problem is not too serious but he concedes he is disappointed that the defender will be sidelined for between four and six weeks.
Setchell, who found out Fryatt's condition yesterday after his second visit to the hospital, said: 'Firstly, it's a relief that the lad's not got a career threatening injury, like cruciate ligamenent damage. But I'm disappointed to lose a decent defender.
'For me, Ryan's arguably been one of our players of the year so it's disappointing he'll finish the season on a little bit of a low point. As he's young he may recover quickly and play one or two games but we'll have to see.'
Fryatt has made 29 appearances this term and is contracted at The Walks until the end of next season. The first match he will miss is this afternoon's home Evo-Stik Premier Division clash against Blyth Spartans.
You may also want to watch:
Setchell added: 'To be a 20-year-old centre-half at this level and play consistent well is very, very difficult. He's still learning and has made a couple of mistakes, as has George Thomson, Alex Street, Jordan Yong and Sam Mulready.
'But that's what you expect to happen with young players, like all five of them are.'
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country