King’s Lynn switch Pride of the East date
King's Lynn officials have announced Sunday's scheduled Pride of the East individual showpiece will now take place the following weekend on Saturday October 23. (7.30pm)
Lynn host Newport at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday with Newcastle the visitors the following week as Lynn aim to finish the Premier League campaign on a positive note after crashing out of the Young Shield to Rye House.
Original 2010 Stars' team member Alex Davies is fit for the Wasps for the third attempt to run this fixture after two previous washouts. Lynn plan to track National League prospect Jake Knight. Stars' co-promoter Buster Chapman is demanding a final home flourish after a season to forget at Saddlebow.
'The weather has been really bright over the past few days and the Met Office believe that is set to continue for the next week,' said Chapman. 'Newport is a good team and has won their last six matches on the bounce so it should be a cracker but I believe we are good enough to overcome them and gain all three league points so we can move another place up the league. It is important to me that we do that because personally I do not want the history books to say we finished more than half way down the league after having so much success in the past few years.'
Knight and his National League team mates beat Newport's second string 50-40 at the weekend to clinch a National League KO Cup spot with an aggregate 104-79 win. Plymouth guest Mark Simmonds top scored with paid 14 to set up a double header against Buxton later this month.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP