King’s Lynn switch Pride of the East date
King's Lynn officials have announced Sunday's scheduled Pride of the East individual showpiece will now take place the following weekend on Saturday October 23. (7.30pm)
Lynn host Newport at the Norfolk Arena on Wednesday with Newcastle the visitors the following week as Lynn aim to finish the Premier League campaign on a positive note after crashing out of the Young Shield to Rye House.
Original 2010 Stars' team member Alex Davies is fit for the Wasps for the third attempt to run this fixture after two previous washouts. Lynn plan to track National League prospect Jake Knight. Stars' co-promoter Buster Chapman is demanding a final home flourish after a season to forget at Saddlebow.
'The weather has been really bright over the past few days and the Met Office believe that is set to continue for the next week,' said Chapman. 'Newport is a good team and has won their last six matches on the bounce so it should be a cracker but I believe we are good enough to overcome them and gain all three league points so we can move another place up the league. It is important to me that we do that because personally I do not want the history books to say we finished more than half way down the league after having so much success in the past few years.'
Knight and his National League team mates beat Newport's second string 50-40 at the weekend to clinch a National League KO Cup spot with an aggregate 104-79 win. Plymouth guest Mark Simmonds top scored with paid 14 to set up a double header against Buxton later this month.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out