King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Wisbech CP8’s comeback win keeps up their fine start
Wisbech CP8 kept up their early season form by coming from behind to win 4-2 away at Pott Row Old Boys.
Gavin Proctor and Matty Anderson had given Row a 2-0 lead before Shaun Simpson's brace and goals from Sam Murphy and Wayne Morton gave newly-formed CP8 the win.
The Wisbech side's victory, their third in four games, moved them up to second in Division One ahead of England's Hope - who have played one game less and were without a match on Sunday.
Chilvers got back to winning way with an emphatic 8-2 win against struggling March Saracens. Joe Jackson notched a hat-trick, Mikey Woodhouse scored twice while Liam Bowley, David Yallop and Louis Gaughran also netted. Allan Setchell and Dwyane Moore replied for Saracens.
Lynn Napier are still searching for their first win of the campaign after drawing 2-2 at home to White Bell. Michael Ellwood and Sam Moses netted for The Nap but John Murphy's brace denied them all three points.
You may also want to watch:
League leaders Terrington were in action, but not in the league, as they were the only King's Lynn side to be handed a tie in the first round of the Norfolk Intermediate Cup.
They progressed by hammering Norwich side Taverham 7-0 at home. Robert Palmer notched a brace on the eve of his 30th birthday. Matty Prudence, Alex Wilkinson, Simon Bird, Stuart Beckett and Gavin Caney all chipped in to seal the win. Other Lynn sides received byes into the second round of their respective county cup competitions.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 5 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
In Division Two, the basement battle between Maids Head and Terrington Reserves saw the former come out 5-1 winners. Mikey Rawbotham (2), Aaron Bussy (2) and Lee Rawbotham netted for Maids.
William Burt kept up their 100pc record after three games with a 5-1 rout of Elm. Stevie Fisher helped himself to a hat-trick while Chris Edgar and Rob Framingham also found the net. Jack Watson scored for Elm after a defensive mix-up saw Burt concede their first goal of the campaign.
Maltings also kept up their 100pc record, having played one game more, by beating Adrian Flux 6-2 to stay top. Dan Clarke (3), Jack Johnson (2) and Robert Powley struck for Maltings who face Burt in a huge league clash at the weekend. Grant Varnham and Callum Stanforth netted for Flux.
For more on the league, including its joint clothing venture with Kitman UK, visit http://klsundayleague.pitchero.com/