King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: William Burt see off brave 10-man Napier in the nick of time
William Burt needed extra time to see off 10-man Napier in the Cherrington Cup quarter-finals.
A tense affair in the King's Lynn Sunday League competition for Division One teams was settled two minutes from the end as Shaun Giles fired in for a jubilant winner.
Chilvers won the battle royale with England's Hope 7-3, ending Hope's chance of a third consecutive final. Neil Goodbourn (3), Liam Bowley (2), Alan Cook and Danny Jezeph netted for the holders, Michael Chow (2) and Joe Whyborn bagged for the defeated side.
Horsepigs put up an almighty fight against league leaders FANG, but were unlucky in falling 3-2. Sam Hanslip and Matt Willis gave 'Pigs hope, but Alex Vincent, Corey Brady and James Buhlemann rounded off their side's win.
Terrington beat Maltings, who withdrew from the league after the game, 13-1. The result no longer stands but Terrington still progress. Burt host Terrington while FANG entertain Chilvers on January 26 in the semis.
In the Division-Two based TGWU Cup, Adrian Flux battled bravely but fell short in their 3-2 home defeat to March Saracens. J Smith (2) and Ash Taylor gave March the win, but Ben Vincent and Kieran MacKender ensured it was a close encounter. Hunstanton Town produced a clinical display in the 3-0 win over Clenchwarton. Goals came from usual suspects Karl Tansley (2) and Jordan Penty.
Long Sutton enjoyed a 10-2 rout away at Tilney. Darius Suchoki and Andrew Wilson got TGL on the score sheet, but LS progressed thanks to J Harrison (3), Paul Newcombe (2), T Lowe (2), M Garner (2) and S Copeland.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 4 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 5 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 6 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 7 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 8 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 9 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 10 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
CR Eastern Province needed extra-time to see off River Lane 5-2. Ivo Lipovski and C Penston found the net for 'Lane but they ended up succumbing to goals from Curtis Morais (3), T Toll and B Willmore. CR host Hunstanton while Sutton welcome March in the last four, to be played on February 2.
In league action, there were wins for two of the bottom three in Division One at the weekend. Vulcatech grabbed their first victory in six with a 5-0 demolition job on Gaywood Park Rangers. Kenzie Corbett (2), Harry Bennett, Stuart Cheyne and Dan Ford sealed their triumph. CSKA Emneth earned their third win in the last four games thanks to a Joe Lee hat-trick, backed up by strikes from Dave Abbott and M Smith. J Cobbin and J Fertell scored for Wisbech Wanderers in the 5-2 defeat.
In Division Two, A Rouse (4) and Gio Mandato helped Elm shock West Lynn 5-0, Dan Fuller (3) and D Child scored in Flitcham Bell's 4-1 win at Fleet while S Hunt (3), C Seeley and T Lee helped Maides Head go nap at Hustlers.