King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: White Bell show their six-appeal with shock victory
White Bell pulled off a shock victory over Chilvers after winning an 11-goal Division One classic on Sunday.
John Sykes (2), Nick Martin, John Murphy, Joe Allen and Simon Rose all scored as the highly-rated Division Two champions were put to the sword.
Unlucky Ben Oliver notched four times for his side but couldn't prevent Bell from winning 6-5. Mikey Woodhouse also netted for Chilvers.
Englands Hope hammered March Saracens 11-1 thanks in large to hat-tricks from Joe Whyborn and Jack Dougall. Matty Bussens, Darren Rawthorn, Ryan Peacock, Barry Warden and an own goal completed the rout. Promoted Lynn Napier were unlucky again, this time losing 3-2 to Wisbech CP8. Brian King and Matty Hitchcock scored for Napier. Lyndon Woods, Wayne Morton and Conrad Matthews notched for CP8.
Terrington remain the league's only side with a 100pc record after two games as they fought back with three goals in the last 10 minutes to beat a resilient 10-man Pott Row Old Boys 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Goodbourn put Terrington in front before goals from Gavin Proctor and Kevin Leggett had edged brave Row 2-1 ahead. However, late strikes from Matty Prudence, Gavin Caney and Goodbourn spared Terrington's blushes.
FANG remain top of Division Two after despatching Adrian Flux 4-2. Tommy Rix continued his devastating goalscoring form with a brace. Olly Parker and an own goal sealed their side's win. Charlie Larkin and Ashley Rowland replied for Flux.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
Fowler, last season's TGWU Cup winners, got their season up and running with a 4-1 win at Maids Head. Wayne Plummer and Tyler Webber bagged braces.
Maltings kept pace with FANG thanks to an emphatic 9-2 win at Elm. Lewis Curson (3), James Ringwood (2), Daniel Smith (2), Jack Johnson and Kris Smith netted for Maltings.