King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Terrington’s Hope ended after Norfolk Intermediate Cup thriller
Ten-man Terrington crashed out of the Norfolk Intermediate Cup after England's Hope late, late show on Sunday.
The Division One heavyweights met in the fourth round clash and it was visiting Terrington who went into a 2-0 lead through Neil Goodbourn and Robert Palmer. They took their advantage into the break, even though Simon Bird was controversially sent off before the interval.
Paul Richardson pulled one back for Hope but Goodbourn made it 3-1 as Terrington threatened to hang on. However, their brave backs-to-the-wall effort was ended when the hosts scored three goals in the last 15 minutes to snatch victory. Richardson, Dean Jimson and Ben Jimson were Hope's heroes. They now travel to fellow Division One side Lynn Napier in Sunday's quarter-final.
Chilvers have already progressed from the last eight after triumphing 6-0 at The Cottage at the weekend. James Tricks netted a treble, Danny Jezeph bagged a brace and Joe Jackson scored to send the Division One outfit through.
FANG remain Division Two's only representatives in the Junior Cup after they thumped Caister 7-1. Alex Vincent (2), Chez Rust, Tommy Rix, Alex Oughton, Jo Malby and James Buhlemann sealed their fang-tastic quarter-final win on the road.
You may also want to watch:
Maltings, who lost 3-2 at GY Galaxy, and Fowler, beaten 7-1 at home by Belton, bowed out. Maltings were 2-0 down before Jack Johnson scored, but missed a penalty, and Dion Cuthburt equalised. However, Galaxy bagged a late winner. Fowler's consolation came through Stephen Reeve.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland