King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Terrington get revenge on FANG to go top of Division One
It was all change at the top of King's Lynn Sunday League Division One with Terrington gaining immediate revenge over FANG for last week's cup exit with a morale-boosting 3-2 win.
Colin Buffham and Lewis Osborn netted for FANG but it wasn't enough as Robert Palmer and the Prudence brothers, Ian and Matty, scored to help the reigning champions leapfrog FANG into top spot.
CSKA Emneth moved up a couple of places away from the bottom with an away win over Lynn Napier. Brad Key, Matty Hitchcock, Ryan Juby and Stuart Bunting all scored for the Nap but CSKA took home the three points thanks to strikes from Scott Whylie and four-goal Dave Abbott.
Chilvers edged a dogged William Burt 4-2 to keep up their title challenge. Burt led 1-0 at half-time through Ben Ridgwell but the hosts powered into the lead with Liam Bowley (2), Alan Cook and Lee Clark getting on the scoresheet. Matty Gollands pulled one back at the end.
Wisbech Wanderers continue to look for their first points of the season after a 4-1 home lose to in-form Vulcatech. M Kerns (2), C Mann and Kenzie Corbett scored for 'Tech, Connor Ratcliffe replied for Wanderers.
In Division Two, at the 11th time of asking, Hustlers finally recorded a league point with a 1-1 draw with River Lane – which led to jubilant scenes at the final whistle. D Gill was Hustlers' hero with J Moy scoring for Lane.
The big derby game saw West Lynn claim local bragging rights over Clenchwarton. Chris Scammell notched for the visitors but Danny Suckling, N Gallagher and T Connor clinched their side's three points.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 7 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
Long Sutton hammered Fleet 10-2 in the Lincolnshire derby. Gilbert and Orford scored for luckless Fleet but Sutton's victory was confirmed through goals from J Harrison (3), J Ward (2), P Newcombe, S Cooper, B Partridge, L Conry and an own goal.
Adrian Flux lost a seven-goal thriller at home to Elm. Rian Benefer, Shaun Dickerson and Adam Hollinger scored for Flux to give them hope but S Bass (3) and N Frayne gave Elm a vital win.
Hunstanton won their 10th league game in as many games by hammering CR Eastern Province 10-0. Jordan Penty (3), Karl Tansley (3), Tom McCarthy (3) and Scott Berry scored for the league leaders.
Flitcham Bell drew 2-2 at Maids Head with J Palmer and L Starr scoring for Maids and H Scott and D Fuler for Bell.