King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Terrington and CP8 march on while four teams tie at top of Division Two
Terrington kept up their own Division One unbeaten start, while ending March Saracens' invincible home record, with a 7-1 win.
Matty Prudence (3) was back among the goals as Robbie Palmer scored a brace. Simon Bird and Dean Twaite-Smith also notched.
Wisbech CP8 are proving to be worthy title challengers after a hard-fought 3-2 win away at England's Hope. Ricky Gunns' hat-trick helped put further space between CP8, Terrington and the chasing pack. John Collins (2) netted for Hope.
Lynn Napier emphatically secured their first league win of the season by hammering Chilvers 6-1 thanks to trebles from Sam Moses and Ryan Juby. Tom Anderson replied for Chilvers.
Elsewhere in league action - sponsored by West Norfolk Scaffolding - there were wins for the top four in Division Two - which left them all level on 15 points.
William Burt secured a tough come-from-behind win against a resilient Maids Head. Andy Summers kept up his hot streak while Terence Wilkin scored on his debut to give Burt a 2-1 win. Matt Standen had put Maids ahead.
Fowler have now well and truly joined the chasing pack following a 2-0 win over Adrian Flux - their fifth in a row since a disastrous opening day defeat. Sam Garrod and Shaun Dickerson found the net for their side.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 6 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 7 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 8 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 9 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 10 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
Goal-machine Jack Johnson struck five times as Maltings hit double figures again, this time by beating Terrington Reserves 10-1. Danny Clarke (2), Dean Fish, Corey Brady and Robert Powley also scored.
FANG continue to destroy all before them, and retained top spot on goal difference, with a 16-3 win over Elm. Dave Watson, Tony Killington and Adam Clements all scored for the plucky Elm, while Michael Rix (4), Jo Malby (4), Tom Cunliffe (3), Sam Hewitt (2), Alex Oughton and Jamie Buhlemann scored for FANG.
In other news, Burt won September's Dale Sheet Metal team of the month award. Fang picked up October's gong.