King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: More glory for Norfolk cup winning duo Chilvers and FANG
Chilvers and FANG were the winners at King's Lynn Sunday League's last finals' day of the season.
Norfolk Intermediate Cup champions Chilvers, who finished runners-up in Division One, took on third-placed England's Hope in the first match at Wisbech Town's ground.
After a very tight opening 45 minutes, James Tricks gave his side the lead in the Cherrington Cup final before Danny Jezeph netted his 34th goal of the season – to clinch the Division One golden boot - and put Chilvers 2-0 up.
England's Hope bagged a deserved late consolation through Matty Bussens but it wasn't enough to stop Chilvers doing the double.
In the afternoon's tie Division Two and Norfolk Junior Cup winners FANG beat William Burt 3-1 to lift the TGWU Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Buhlemann's first-half penalty put FANG ahead before Division Two runners-up Burt, in their third consecutive TGWU final appearance, equalised following some second-half pressure thanks to Steve Fisher's calm finish.
However, goals from Tommy Rix and Joseph Malby sealed their side's win as FANG, like Terrington, ended the season as treble winners.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change