King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: More glory for Norfolk cup winning duo Chilvers and FANG
Chilvers and FANG were the winners at King's Lynn Sunday League's last finals' day of the season.
Norfolk Intermediate Cup champions Chilvers, who finished runners-up in Division One, took on third-placed England's Hope in the first match at Wisbech Town's ground.
After a very tight opening 45 minutes, James Tricks gave his side the lead in the Cherrington Cup final before Danny Jezeph netted his 34th goal of the season – to clinch the Division One golden boot - and put Chilvers 2-0 up.
England's Hope bagged a deserved late consolation through Matty Bussens but it wasn't enough to stop Chilvers doing the double.
In the afternoon's tie Division Two and Norfolk Junior Cup winners FANG beat William Burt 3-1 to lift the TGWU Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Buhlemann's first-half penalty put FANG ahead before Division Two runners-up Burt, in their third consecutive TGWU final appearance, equalised following some second-half pressure thanks to Steve Fisher's calm finish.
However, goals from Tommy Rix and Joseph Malby sealed their side's win as FANG, like Terrington, ended the season as treble winners.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region